KRABBY PATTY CAKES
1 pound of frozen imitation
crabmeat, defrosted and finely chopped
1 pound of lump crabmeat
¾ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons finely chopped
1 teaspoon thyme
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 egg, lightly beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
Ketchup and mayonnaise (for
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Sauté onions and celery in a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add thyme and
cook until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine crabmeat, sautéed onions and celery,
breadcrumbs, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, egg, salt and pepper to taste. Stir
4. Shape into rounds by using a small ice-cream scoop, then gently pat flat.
5. Heat 3 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large skillet. Working in batches
(2 to 3 crab cakes at a time) place crab cakes in skillet and cook until
golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
6. Transfer crab cakes to baking pan and bake for 10 minutes until crab
cakes are cooked through. Crab cakes can be kept in warm oven for
approximately 30 minutes, or they may be reheated at serving time.
7. Serve with a kid-friendly dipping sauce. Mix 1 cup of mayonnaise with 3
tablespoons of ketchup.